Thursday, December 7, 2006

My Reality Show Pitch


I had three meetings with Mark Brunett about my new reality show. These meetings take place in the parking lot of his production company, and I am usually screaming.

Here is my pitch... that I think he is close to buying (fingers crossed)!


  • It's just like Survivor. I mean almost exactly. He should even get Jeff Probst, but we should change his name to something like Gary Probst so people think he's a different guy.

  • THE TWIST! Instead of voting people OFF the island, we vote people ON the island. Unlike Survivor, which ends after they vote everyone off... my show never ends!

  • So we start with 1 person, like Gary is a good name. Next episode, he picks someone else to join him, let's call her Frannie. Then Gary and Frannie pick someone else to join the show in episode 3... I think they would pick another guy named Gary.

  • After 200 episodes, there are 200 people on the island, many of whom are named Gary and Frannie. (This is not a requirement, but is likely to happen.)

  • On episode 230, people start to starve, as the island has been stripped of food by Garys and Frannies.

  • There is nothing to do to stop the starvation. It happens slowly and is sad.

Here is the end of my pitch. Puts a real capper to the whole hard-sell...

"Do you know what the name of my show is, Mr. Burnett? I call it Twist Survivor In That We Add People Until Starvation with Garys and Frannies!"


THIS JUST IN! Burnett has bought it! And PAX-TV has made us an offer, as long as all the starving people are non-Christian.

No comments:

Our Mission

Clown vs. Wolf is an exploration on why, when a clown and wolf fight, it is always the wolf that wins. This is universally true, even when clown is a Germanic Knife and Poison Clown - the deadliest Clown known to man.