Friday, July 13, 2007

Non irony alert

Did you know that if you give a voice mail to a podcast, someone from a major newspaper will post it on their blog? It's like all web 2.0 and stuff.

Anyway I submitted a voice mail on my fave movie podcast Filmspotting and it got written up (briefly) by tribune critic Michael Phillips. Check out item #2 on the blog.

My podcast voice mail mention on this blog makes me more famous than George Clooney. Suck it, Clooney.

The blog...

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/talking_pictures/2007/07/two-from-out-th.html

And the postcast... (Filmspotting is terrific always, BTW)

http://www.filmspotting.net/2007/07/filmspotting-167-sicko-transformers-top.html

Ah Clooney, I can't stay mad at you!

4 comments:

Mark said...

Wow, that was you? I knew the name sounded familiar when I heard it, but I couldn't place it.

Greg Rice said...

It is me! And thanks for the link BTW!

Back at ya.

Wayne Cheeze! said...

Mr. Rice:

We represent a comedian who is looking to return to hosting a radio program. Your podcast rant attracted his attention, and we would like to arrange a meeting with the possibility that you will serve as his co-host. We feel we should be forthcoming about one issue, however. Our extensive marketing studies indicate that to give the show the best chance to succeed, it will have to be named Dr. Crisis Scrapbooking Nation.


To read more about your potential radio partner, go to:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=51118801

Greg Rice said...

I knew it was mr. Tyll before I even clicked on said link.

I might not like what he say, but he say it anyway!!!

Our Mission

Clown vs. Wolf is an exploration on why, when a clown and wolf fight, it is always the wolf that wins. This is universally true, even when clown is a Germanic Knife and Poison Clown - the deadliest Clown known to man.